|Total: 15 min
Active: 15 min
|Yield: 4 servings
- Prepare beet. Wash and peel. Slice off the top and bottom. Slice in half and thinly slice into half-moon shape.
- Prepare orange. Slice off both ends. Slice peel and outer wall off with a sharp knife. Split the orange down the center. Using knife, cut each side into half-moon shaped slices.
- Alternate slices of beet with orange on a small salad plate.
- Top with Strength Snacking Cacao.
- Optional: garnish with fresh parsley for more color.
- Optional: Top with crumbled Feta and Red Walnut Pieces
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Beets - We love the taste and crunchy texture of fresh beets with orange, but you can easily substitute oven-roasted beets.
- Red Walnuts - We absolutely love the richness and almost meaty quality that Red Walnuts add to this recipe. Check out our friends at Bertagna Nut Co. for the best we've found!
- Presentation - we suggest the half moon shape for ease of beautiful presentation, but the salad will taste great no matter how you slice it.
Food For Thought:
The beauty of servings salads is the flexibility to add or remove ingredients without complicating the preparation and still maintaining a complex integration of flavors. Want to avoid dairy or serve this salad to a Vegan? Remove the feta. Does someone have a tree nut allergy? Hold the walnuts. Does someone have an aversion to spice? Claim their snacking cacao for yourself! 😉
I have calculated the nutrition using all of the ingredients listed above. If you remove the feta and walnuts, you will primarily reduce the protein (2g), fat (5g) and calories (100).