Sweet Oat Bowl with Pineapple, Pears and Harmony 65%
Many thanks to friend and chocolate educator Genevieve Leloup of Chocomotions for this endlessly customizable recipe and photos.
|Total: 2+ hours
Active: 10 min
|Yield: 1 serving|
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Milk or Mylk
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Pear, diced
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple, chunks
- 2 Tablespoons 65% Harmony Snacking Cacao Beans (1/2 Single Serve Bag)
- Ground Ginger to Taste
- Before you go to bed, stir together the milk and oats and place in the refrigerator.
- If using frozen Pineapple Chunks, place this in a separate bowl
- in the refrigerator to thaw as well.
- Just before eating, stir in yogurt and fruit.
- Top with 65% Harmony Snacking Cacao.
- Sprinkle Ground Ginger to Taste.
As you will see from the myriad versions we've offered on our site, this recipe from friend and chocolate educator Genevieve Leloup of Chocomotions is endlessly customizable. It is a family recipe she ate as a child and still eats today; inspired by her Swiss mom and “Bircher-Muesli.”
- For a Firmer Texture: Pour the oats in milk as soon as you wake. Soak for about 2 hours.
- Milk or Mylk: actually, you can choose any liquid you like – they should all work! I’ve been enjoying Three Trees Organic Almond Milk (only 2 ingredients!).
Food for Thought:
For a completely plant-based breakfast, use plant-based milk and yogurt instead of dairy. If you make this substitution, watch out for:
- Added Sugars: plant-based or flavored milks and especially yogurt tend to add a lot of sugar. These days, sugar has so many different names that I’ve given up looking at the Ingredients List. Instead, I check the Nutrition Facts Panel for “Added Sugars” for the fastest way to compare the relative health of products before making my choice.
- Added Fats: Plant-based milks like Oat or Pea are known to be very creamy. The makers add oils like Rapeseed (Oatly, Oat Milk) or Sunflower Oil (Ripple, Pea Milk) to give a richer, creamier mouthfeel. If you’re looking for a low sugar, minimal ingredients milk alternative with no added fat, try unsweetened, organic Westsoy Soy Milk or almond milk by Malk Organics or Three Trees.
In calculating the nutrition for this recipe, I used whole milk and plain, full fat yogurt (not Greek yogurt).
Can harmony be
replacedwith another brand?