From Cocoa Flavanol Supplementation Influences Skin Conditions of Photo-Aged Women: A 24-Week Double-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Trial, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 146, Issue 1, January 2016, Pages 46–50, https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.115.217711. By Korean researchers Hyun-Sun Yoon, Jong Rhan Kim, Gyeong Yul Park, Jong-Eun Kim, Dong Hun Lee, Ki Won Lee, Jin Ho Chung.
- "In moderately photo-aged women, regular cocoa flavanol consumption had positive effects on facial wrinkles and elasticity."
- "Cocoa flavanol supplementation may contribute to the prevention of the progression of photo-aging."
- At 24 weeks, the mean percentage change in average roughness value was significantly lower in the cocoa group than in the placebo group.
- The mean percentage changes in gross elasticity also differed between the groups at 12 and 24 weeks.
- There were no significant differences in skin hydration and barrier integrity between the 2 groups.
"Participants were randomly assigned to receive a placebo beverage or cocoa beverage that contained 320 mg total cocoa flavanols."
Equivalent Serving Size: about one 30g serving of our 80% Cacao Content Snacking Cacao. From estimates based on this article published by Yale researchers, 23g of 100% cocoa beans (the same as cocoa liquor).